It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 4:06 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Click if you would like to show your support for the Planet of Speed Bulletin Board and the POS archive.

Post subject: Unwritten rules
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:37 am 

Like baseball HO slot racing has some unwritten rules that some may or may not know. Here are a few that I know of.

When at a race do not put on the track a car that is not the type that is racing. Wait till after the race is over.

Do not mix lexan and hard plastic cars on the track at the same time.

Don't stand and stare at the computer when the heat is over. Unhook and move on.

If during practice you leave track don't be surprised if after a minute someone unhooks your controller to practice on that lane.

If there are designated marshalling positions to get a lane for practice don't cut the guy marshalling for his turn in practice.

Do not pick up someone's cars, tools, controllers, etc in their pits without asking permission.

If you marshal your own car in a race and take out someone else put their car on first before putting yours on.

Thank the marshals when they do a good job putting in the car you caused to crash.

Don't complain when you drive into a crash and get thumbed. You knew that was going to happen.

Ask to borrow tape to clean tires or a pickup shoe cleaner from a fellow racer and thank them when done.

Just a few off the top of my rapidly balding head. Food for thought. Hey, better than a 4 seam fastball near the head for staring at the ball after an HR.

Post subject: Re: Unwritten rules
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:21 pm 

Well said Greg. The most basic rule I can remember even from way back when I was a kid, never, ever hang your controller over/ lay your controller on the track. Another rule of practice etiquette is to be mindful of deslotted cars instead of just barreling through it.