Less than 2 weeks away!
Saturday, November 18th – 16th Annual Gobbler 4-Hour Endurance Challenge
LUCKY DRAGON (Brystal 4-lane) – Curt Thompson/Greenwood Automotive
Location: 1729 US 31 South, Greenwood, IN 46143
Track Opens: 8 a.m., Team Selection @ 10 a.m., Racing @ 12 Noon
As promised, here is more information about the event:
This will be a 4 Hour event with BSRT G3RS “C4 Poly” Super Stock cars, provided by Greenwood Auto!
Entry fee of $20.00 will cover the food/drinks for the day and apply towards funding the cars/parts.
Race Day Schedule – Saturday, November 18, 2017
• Track will open at 8:00 AM for open practice (cars not provided)
• Team drawing/Car drawing: 10:15 AM
• Happy ½ Hour practice: 10:30-11:00
• Lunch break: 11:00-11:45
• Tech at 11:45 PM
• Racing will start promptly at 12:00 PM
Replacement Parts – Teams to provide
• 2 GTP-style Lexan bodies
• 1 BSRT #148 “Hot Stock” arm
• 1 BSRT HT092 current generation G3 endbell*
• 1 BSRT #927 Timing bracket (medium)
• 2 BSRT #417 7-tooth Delrin pinion gears
• 1 BSRT #HT084 Dbl. Flanged Rear bronze “Beedle” bushing
• 2 pairs BSRT #249 or #250 Pickup Shoes
• 2 pairs BSRT .009 or .008 Pickup Shoe Springs
• 1 Ready to Install Motor assembly will be allowed using the parts noted above, plus the recommended spacers (see below). The assembly can have the rear bushing and a glued in place pinion pre-mounted and ready to drop in (using the original magnets of course).
FYI…the “preferred” armature spacing is with a stock .010 red spacer or .010 phenolic spacer next to comm with a stock .005 purple spacer next to the bushing, and add .005 or .010 metal spacer on the rear as required for an overall length from outside of spacers of .685. There is some heat in the rear area and metal is preferred. It is highly recommended that the replacement endbell be properly broken in and not done on the “fly”.
*The endbell can be replaced only with a current generation BSRT HT092 with the G3 logo the brass “Beedle” bushing and nothing else. No Viper or Tomy endbells, no Tomy bushings, twisted brushes or any other bushings.
Note: Front/Rear wheels and tires and axles are “spec” parts and can be replaced only in the event of damage. A damaged 22-T BSRT delrin crown gear/axle will be exchanged (gear and/or axle at team’s expense) mounted with the “spec” sized tires. No drilling of crown gears is allowed to make identification easier (no counting teeth)
• Teams will have 3 or 4 members to be determined by number of participants present
• Teams will be determined by draft or a blind draw by the selected Team Captains. Order of the draft will be by draw. Team with 1st pick in round 1 will have last pick in round 2 and 1st pick again in round 3, etc. An effort will be to have an equal number of drivers on each team to insure everyone’s placement on a team. Captains are predetermined from those most capable of maintaining the car throughout the race and to somewhat split up the “home field” regulars from being on the same team.
• Race segments will vary according to number of teams.
o 4 teams @ 20 minute segments=4hr
o 5 teams @ 16 minute segments=4hr
• All teams must have a team name
• Happy ½ Hour practice will be limited to 5 minute timed segments with 1 rotation through the track with the actual supplied race car, to get a feel for the car and determine any lane preferences for the team.
• Each team will run through the track a total of 3 times for a total of 12 segments
• No driver will be allowed to run in back to back segments
• All drivers within a team must race an equal number of segments. Drivers must complete full segments-NO relief drivers except those with a doctor’s note
• Upon completion of the final practice session, there will be no pit boxes allowed in the area adjacent to the track. This area will be limited to tools, etc. for each race team.
• The only action that may be made with the track power off will be to change the lane sticker
• All maintenance on cars must be performed with track power on
• 10 lap penalty will be assessed for pit crew member knocking another’s car off during a pit stop
• Track power will be shut off for only 1 minute between segments (remember, it’s just driver change and lane sticker on car)
• Cars belonging to team on a sit out will be impounded to a designated area
• Team rotating in will be allowed to change their sticker prior to rotating in
• Team rotating out will record lap scores for that segment and begin the next segment
• All teams will be required to take 2 one-minute “mandatory” pit stops throughout the race, timed by a Race Official during that heat. The “mandatory” stops may not be made in the final segment of the race
• There will be no lap corrections or track calls, except for a track problem.
• Body and lane sticker must be on the car at all times. Loose body must be repaired (not by a marshal).
• Body must be complete at all times. Race Director to have final word as to whether a body is damaged enough to warrant a “black flag”.
• Each team actively on the track must provide a Marshal. This does not mean person pitting the car! Failure to provide a marshal will result in a warning with subsequent violations resulting in a 10-lap penalty
Everyone is invited. Come have some fun!