It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Click if you would like to show your support for the Planet of Speed Bulletin Board and the POS archive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:52 am 

Don't Miss This One! Just 2 weeks from today!

We've blown this out to a full-on Triple Header Event!

Race #6
Saturday, February 23th - Combo Event w/Midwest HO Series (Gravity)

RIVERSIDE RACEWAY- HOPRA Super Stock (Brystal 4-lane) – Tony McWilliams

COBRA RACEWAY- Midwest Gravity Class & Spec Racer (Brystal 4-lane) –

Tony McWilliams
Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/QVNZ4LNWu6p

Tracks Open @ 9 a.m.
Practice for all classes until 11:45 a.m.

Gravity Racing @ 12 Noon

Super Stock/Spec Racer Practice begins immediately after Gravity Class Conclusion

S.S. Racing @ 3:30 PM
1-min Qualify heats, 4-min Mains

Support Race: HOPRA Spec Racer – immediately after SS Conclusion
This will be a full race format: 1-min Qualify heats, 4-min Mains

Entry fee will be the $15.00 for the day for all three classes. If you are an Indiana HOPRA racer only, you will pay the normal $7.00 for SS and Support Race. Includes food and drinks.

Hope to see everyone at this event!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:53 am 

Race #6
Saturday, February 23th - Combo Event w/Midwest HO Series (Gravity)

RIVERSIDE RACEWAY- HOPRA Super Stock (Brystal 4-lane) – Tony McWilliams

COBRA RACEWAY- Midwest Gravity Class & Spec Racer (Brystal 4-lane) –

Tony McWilliams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:15 am 

Well, if you missed the event yesterday, you really missed a jam-packed, action-filled, full day of HO slot racing! It was our annual combo event with the Midwest Series and blown-out into a massive triple feature event--3 classes, 3 full race programs! Big thanks to all our out-of-state racers who made the trek to Middletown and joined the fun. And to Tmac for hosting all of us... with a special thanks to Mrs. Tmac for the great food and drinks to help keep all of the racers fueled up over the course of a very long day.

The next IN HOPRA Series race is just 2 weeks from yesterday!

Race #7
Saturday, March 9th
COBRA RACEWAY (Brystal 4-lane) – Tony McWilliams
Track Opens @ 3 p.m. Racing @ 5 p.m.
Support Race: TBD

Everyone is welcome... hope to see you there!

But, wait there's more....

The Midwest Championships are coming up March 15-17 at Lucky Bob's in Milwaukee.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:57 am 

Less than 1 week 'til race day!

Race #7
Saturday, March 9th
COBRA RACEWAY (Brystal 4-lane) – Tony McWilliams
Support Race: To be announced soon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:15 pm 

3/9 Race information.

Super stock will be held on the Cobra track as published. The support race will be held on Riverside. Both tracks will be open for practice at 3:00 pm. Tracks will be shut off at 4:45 for Tech and Race setup. There will be no practice on Riverside after the 4:45 shutdown. Immediately following the S.S. Race there will be 30-second qualifications for the support class to set the mains. Mains will be 2 minutes. You can win from any main. The high and low times qualification times will be used to set the minimum and maximum race times in Slottrak for the support race. All entrants are required to give their “best effort” in qualifying.

Support race will be BRASS JET as per the Greenwood Automotive rules with the following exceptions:
1. Guide pin may be any readily available part with no restriction on length.
2. There are no restrictions on armature bushings. Ball Bearings are not allowed.
3. Any size Coated Sponge tires are legal on any configuration of car regardless of motor magnets used.
4. Axle retainers are legal.

Editorial Note:
Based on observations from the race last week there will be a change in procedure for ALL future races held at Middletown Motorplex. After studying the rags used last month on the tracks, I am confident when I say we are not wiping DUST from the tracks. From this point forward tracks will be “cleaned” prior to the running of each heat just as I do before opening the doors. To be clear it no longer means a “dry wipe” but a full cleaning of the track surface. As a track owner I have become frustrated with the residues left behind during the event. It makes for an unfair playing field which I can no longer tolerate. It is my conclusion this is from both manufacturer Tire Wars and the Jizz of the month solutions that are being applied to cars by the racers. Because there are no rules against use of items such as conduct-a-lube, shoe butter, and axle grease in the HOPRA rulebook I am choosing not to police applications of said concoctions. To allow folks an adequate opportunity to understand how CLEANING the track will affect their setup; I will shut down both tracks during pre-race practice a minimum of TWO times so that the racers can test their setup immediately following a cleaning. Furthermore, I will be using the 15-second warmup feature available in the latest version of Slottrak to ensure there are no cleaning related issues. This will only be done only once, prior to the first segment, regardless of time of each segment. If you are the first sit out, you will not be affected as at that point there should be no issue with the track itself. While I hope my fellow racers and track owners will embrace this change and becomes procedure for all Indiana HOPRA events- it will be done at my place regardless.

Finally- if there is enough interest in a Friday night test in tune for Friday the 8th until 9:30 I will consider it. Please email me back early in the week so I can plan around it.

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!

tmac

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:10 am 

A small, but racy group came out on a blustery March day for some spirited Super Stock competition on the Cobra and Brass Jet on the Riverside at the Middletown Motorplex. Tmac continued his furious pace and took top spot in both classes in this penultimate race. Here's the finishing order:

And, the final race of the season:

Race #8
Saturday, April 13th
JORDAN RACEWAY (M.A.R. 4-lane) – Merrell Todd
Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/hkK74iYWmX22
Support Race: TBD

Hope we see another big crowd at Merrell's for this event!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:44 am 

Less than a week away...

Race #8
Saturday, April 13th
JORDAN RACEWAY (M.A.R. 4-lane) – Merrell Todd
Directions: https://goo.gl/maps/hkK74iYWmX22
Support Race: BSRT G3 Daytona Coupes

$7 entry fee, includes food and soft drinks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:49 am 

It was a beautiful Spring day for the final race of the IN HOPRA Series 2018-19 season, which probably contributed to a slightly smaller turnout at Merrell's Jordan Raceway. What had promised to be a showdown between Tmac and Rich for the season championship did not materialize because Rich was unable to attend due to commitments on the home front. While this pretty much guaranteed Tmac to repeat at the series champion, it did open the door for others to improve their finish position for the season. At the end of the day, Tmac continued his dominance on this track with another win that capped a great championship season for him with a total of four wins. Congratulations!

Huge thanks to Merrell for having his Jordan Raceway in top form with new power supply, nicely prepared track surface and great food, drinks and snacks for everyone. Unfortunately, the IROC race with BSRT G3R Daytona Coupes had to be cancelled due to the fact that somebody (yes, it was me) left them on the work bench at home.

Here are the results:

And the Season Point Standings:

Thanks to everyone who joined the racing fun over the course of the season and to Tmac, Curt, Phil and Merrell for hosting races!

Race on!!!